Welcome to the future and the year 2019! I bet we can all agree in that certain things should be left behind in 2018. But what are we going to do different this year? What are some things we want to change or areas to improve? Below are our 5 resolutions for the next 365 days.
- Become better with a two handed rod. We say this every year but it still remains a goal. There is always room to grow and improve in the world of spey and switch rods. The better we get, the more excuses we find to fish them. Trout Spey, Steelhead, Kings, it doesn’t matter, we just hope to spend more time fishing one.
- Not take photos of every fish we catch. It feels good to land a fish, quickly pop the hook out, and simply let it go. Kinda like scoring a touchdown without the celebration, acting like you’ve been there sort of thing. We will obviously still take photos of certain special fish but when we do, we will make sure to respect the fish and not spend 2 minutes trying to balance our fly rod over the shoulder 😉
- Get more involved with environmental and conservation organizations that protect the fisheries we love. Whether this is through a monetary donation or a donation of our time by volunteering, we only have one planet, let’s take care of it.
- Not get sunburned when walking the flats. With tools like buffs and sun screen, there is no excuse in getting sunburned. Skin cancer is no joke and prevention starts now!
- Get outside of our comfort zone. It can be easy to get stuck in your angling ways. Sometimes we need a reminder to mix it up. Whether that means trying new techniques or targeting different species, diversity is the spice of life. We wont let our stubbornness or preconceived notions get in the way of exploring or trying something new on the water.
Cheers to a healthy and happy 2019. Do you have any fishing specific goals? Let us know in the comments below!
Previous New Years Posts: