Bryan is the Director of Sales and Marketing and a staple here at Deneki Outdoors. If you’ve ever fished with is us in the last decade, you’ve probably spoken to, emailed, and/or shook hands with Bryan. If you’re really lucky, you’ve been guided by Bryan. Deeper than Bryan’s roots at Deneki Outdoors is his passion for fly fishing and the fly fishing industry. Bryan has immersed himself in the fly fishing industry for more years than many. With experience as a guide for many years, he knows a thing or two about fly fishing. From Alaska to Andros, Bryan has fished a lot. And today, we bring you Bryan’s current go-to set up for what He calls the “Varsity Game” of catching big Fall Rainbow Trout on the Naknek River.
- Sage Method 7126-4
- Airflow Skagit Scout 540 grain
- Tibor Riptide Reel
- 68 pound Hatch backing attached to the reel with an uni-knot.
- 40 pound SA Absolute running line attached to the backing with a triple turn surgeon loop.
- Triple turn long surgeon loop in the front end of the running line, looped to the Skagit Scout, loop to loop connection.
- 10 – 12 feet of T-14.
- 4 – 5 feet of 15 pound Maxima Ultragreen attached to the front end of the T-14 with a triple surgeon and non-slip loop knot for the flie.
- The Fly-Mr. Al Green. with a good hook.
When you come to fish the Naknek River in the fall, you have to be ready to play with the Big Bows. These “Steelheadish” trout are big and gutty. It’s the Varsity Game here, so you have to make sure you have varsity quality equipment. If you’re not prepared and don’t have appropriate equipment, you may lose out on a fish of a lifetime.
Other Posts About Spey Fishing: