Traveling nowadays is more difficult, but if you know what to expect, what to do, and make a plan, you’ll get through it. If you’re planning on traveling to Alaska West Lodge or Rapids Camp Lodge during the 2021 Season, please take heed of the current Travel Advisories.
As of the date of this post, Alaska does have travel advisories in places. These are not mandates. These are best practices encouraged by the Alaska Travel Industry Association and The Governer’s Administration to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus and its variants.
Here is a quick breakdown of the current health advisory for all travelers to Alaska, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccination. Please note: Currently, you do not have to be vaccinated to travel to Alaska.
- Obtain molecular-based test 72 hours before departure and upload negative results into the Alaska Travel Portal.
- If a non-resident arrives without a pre-test, free testing is available upon arrival at the airport. The traveler should quarantine at personal expense while waiting on results.
- Also recommended is to take a second test taken between 5 and 14 days after arrival.
If you have COVID-19:.
Any person currently positive with COVID-19 cannot travel to Alaska until they have been released from isolation, or cleared for travel, by a medical provider or public health agency.
For fully-vaccinated travelers:
- Fully-vaccinated travelers are defined as more than two weeks following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose series or more than two weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine.
- The CDC states that it is safe for fully vaccinated travelers to travel within the United States but should still follow all state and local travel guidelines.
- Fully-vaccinated travelers should still follow the CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely, including: wear a mask over your nose and mouth; practice social distancing and avoid crowds, and wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
For more information on the current Health Advisory, click here. Please keep in mind the advisories and mandates are constantly changes. Check the official state of Alaska COVID-19 website here before travel for any changes or updates.
If you have further questions, concerns, and are traveling to one of our Alaska West Lodge or Rapids Camp Lodge this summer, please feel free to contact us, we’ll gladly help. Call us at (907) 563-9788 or email us at email@example.com.
Let’s all do our part to stay safe so we can all catch fish, not covid.
Deneki Outdoors Alaska Lodges: