‘Tis the season to give thanks!
Fly fishing tugs at the heart-strings of all of us here at Deneki Outdoors, and we’re super lucky to spend our work days sharing spectacular fisheries with great people. We have many of you to thank for that for that, so first and foremost, thanks!
As a matter of fact, we have a lot of things to be thankful for. Far too many for a single blog post in fact, but here are the first 12 that came to mind.
- The opportunity to witness someone’s first fish on a fly rod.
- The chance to fish with families.
- The fact that South Andros bonefish can be caught on foot.
- Backing, and the fish that require lots of it.
- Fresh salmon shore-lunches.
- Flesh eating rainbow trout.
- The ‘knock’ of running line against the reel after a good spey cast.
- The classy sound of click-pawl.
- The sound of a king salmon destroying a click-pawl.
- That old wader smell. Sniff. Aaah.
- Silver salmon, and their propensity to eat poppers.
- Steelhead eats when you least expect them.
What on earth, or at least on the water, are you thankful for? Leave us a comment below and let us know!