Still need some holiday gift ideas for a fly fisherman in your life? With the big day just around the corner, we’re down to crunch time.. Not to worry!
Here are 7 great gift ideas, sure to please any fly fishing junkie. But here’s the best part, they can all be purchased online, require no shipping time, and are available as soon as you print them out!
- Yearly Subscription to The Flyfish Journal. To say the Flyfish Journal is a ‘magazine’ is a huge understatement. Exactly what it claims to be, the FFJ is a journal, full of stunning photography, excellent writing on quality high-gloss paper. It’s like fish porn in prose, and is a must have for every hardcore fly fisher’s coffee table. For a gift subscription, click here!
- Postfly Monthly Fly Box Subscriptions. Trout, steelhead, saltwater, or bass fly selections delivered to the recipient’s home on a monthly basis.. It’s like netflix with flies, and it’s pretty darn clever. Click here to check it out!
- Skagit Master Subscription. For the spey junkies out there. A yearly subscription to skagitmaster.com is a great gift for anyone interested in learning more about skagit casting, fishing with two handed rods, or tying flies. Depending on the package, subscriptions include access to full length videos (viewed online) to current Skagit Master videos. Our favorite instructional videos of all time! Click here for subscription details.
- Fishing Licenses. In most states, annual fishing licenses expire on December 31st. Picking up the tab for something every angler needs is a great gift going into the new year! Visit your local Fish and Game website for ordering information.
- Catch Magazine Gift Subscription. Catch Magazine is an excellent online magazine highlighting fly fishing photography and films. If you’re buying for someone who scours the internet looking for flying fishing photos and videos when they can’t be on the water, look no further than a subscription to Catch Magazine. Click here to subscribe.
- Membership to Conservation Organizations. An annual membership to a favorite conservation organization makes for a great gift. Not only can you be sure your money is going towards a good cause, many groups provide their members with great content about their beloved fisheries as well! There are many great conservation groups out there, but here are a few of our favorites.
- A Fly Fishing Trip of a Lifetime. Have they been especially good this year? How about setting your loved one up with a bucket list trip to Alaska, British Columbia, or the Bahamas? Click here to talk to our experts about the details!
More on the Above
Leave a Reply