We’re right in the middle of kicking off our summer seasons at Alaska West and Rapids Camp Lodge – and we’ve got a few open spots at each location.
We’d love to have you come join us this summer! With that in mind, here are
10 Reasons to Go Fishing in Alaska This Summer
- Fun for the whole family. Novice kids, hardcore parents, less-mobile ‘experienced anglers’…there’s something for everybody in Alaska, and that makes it a great destination for family trips.
- Long days. Alaska gets about 29 hours of sun per day right now. OK, that’s an exaggeration – but it’s basically light all night. There’s no excuse to slow down because it got dark!
- Mousing for rainbow trout. Alaskan rainbows eat rodents, and fishing rodent imitations is about as fun as it gets.
- Doin’ the Hop. Rapids Camp’s airplanes let you cherry pick. Here’s how.
- Two-handed heaven. Whether you’re swinging flies for chrome salmon or fishing sculpins and flesh for giant trout, there are endless legit opportunities in Alaska for you spey folk out there.
- Fast-paced action. There are definitely fisheries in Alaska that are extremely quality- and technique-oriented – but pretty much all season long at both of our Alaska operations, we can take you to places where you’ll lose count – we promise.
- The best silver salmon fishing in the world.
- Natural beauty. It’s really pretty up there.
- Tons of variety. Five salmon species. Dollies, rainbows, grayling, lake trout. Halibut on flies!
- The Last Frontier. Vast wilderness, real people, wildlife galore – and crazy fishing.
If you’ve got a window to go fishing this summer, we’d love to talk to you about fishing at Rapids Camp or Alaska West – drop us a line any time!