We like fishing gear. We even like trying out new fishing gear and then writing what we think about it.
Right now there are 229 posts about gear on our web site, and we often hear from folks that they’d like to see more. Not to worry – we’ve got a bunch in the works (Ross F1 Reel, Simms Headwaters Tackle Wallet, Airflo Skagit Switch Heads, etc.), but in the meantime we’re presenting you with our 10 most popular gear reviews from the past year. Have a look!
Top Fly Fishing Gear Reviews
- Sage 7136-4 Z-Axis – Maybe the perfect summer steelhead rod?
- Ross Evolution LT – Update to Ross’s wildly popular Evolution reel series.
- Rio Skagit Flight – A modern Skagit head from Rio.
- Simms Headwaters Sling Pack – A well-designed, reasonably priced sling pack.
- Scott Fiberhammer – A fiberglass switch rod with soul!
- Sage Xi3 Rods – Sage’s current top-of-the-line saltwater rod series.
- Sage 8134-4 Z-Axis – A versatile spey rod with a sweet action.
- Smith Ignitor Lens – A great choice for flats fishing.
- Abel Nippers – The Cadillac of nippers.
- Simms Dry Creek Flats Pack – Zippered, waterproof pack for the flats.
Here’s our Product Review Policy and FTC Disclosure.
It would be cool to see you re-visit some of your reviews to hear your thoughts on the gear after a season or two of use- to see what you liked, what you didn’t etc.
Thanks Russ – that’s a really great idea and something that we’ll definitely do. Much appreciated!