The Smhaen Master Dubbing Twister could be the best dubbing in the world. This tool sports modern design cues, yet it’s still a classic dubbing twister for fly tying. Novice or a seasoned fly tier, the Smhaen Master Dubbing Twister gives you complete control over your dubbing loops.
The master dubbing twister will spin the materials smoothly and tightly as any good dubbing tool should with a mindful and balanced design. The addition of the clamp takes this dubbing tool to the next level by providing a level of control that is not available with other tools. Because of the built-in clamp, you can build stronger bodies and allow a more complicated mixing of tying materials and demanding blends.
Features of the Smhaen Master Dubbing Twister
- Modern design
- Classic use with hook system
- Built-in clamp with dubbing loop control
- 100% loop control
- Shaft with marks for easy spinning
- Perfectly balanced spinning
- Perfectly balanced weight
Our tester found the hook and clamp make managing tying materials much easier without changing tools. The Shepherd’s loop has a bump that helps prevent the thread from slipping. Opening the loop while inserting materials is much easier. It grips and clamps thread and material, albeit not as well as the Loon gator grip. That being said, you don’t have to switch heads to do that.
- Well balanced and has a good weight to it
- All-in-one clamp and hook provide dual function ability
- Holds and manages dubbing and materials in a resting position without the hassle
- The clamp doesn’t hold materials as well as the Loon Gator Grip
- One of the more expensive dubbing twisters
Overall, the Smhaen Master Dubbing Twister is awesome. It’s the best dubbing tool currently on the market. It’s an all-in-one tool that makes tying complex dubbing patterns easier and more efficient. You’ll create tighter, stronger, and more durable flies.
For more availability, contact your local fly shop.
Other Gear Reviews: