The Flexo Crab is another fly from the In The Riffle Team. What’s unique about this fly is the use of flexo tubing. The flexo tube offers not only a realistically textured look but also offers a realistic flexy texture for a mouthy bonefish and permit. It’s not an easy fly to tie, so make sure you have enough materials for a few practice rounds. Once you “get it” it is a very satisfying tie. It’s even more satisfying when you hook into a bonefish.
- Hook: #3/0-04 Gamakatsu SS15
- Thread: White 6/0 Veevus or Kevlar Thread
- Eyes: Large Plain Lead Eyes
- Body: Beige Fly Flex or E-Z Body Tubing is sizes 1/8″-3/8″ (3/8″ was used in video)
- Eyes: Large Red or Black EP Crab Shrimp Eyes
- Legs: Tan Micro Velvet Chenille (Griffin Wire Threader used in video for legs)
- Glue: Epoxy and Zap A Gap Brush On (Thin Loon Fly Finished Used in Video)
If you’re viewing this on the Weekly Newsletter, Click here for the link to the Youtube Video.