If you haven’t noticed, we are fans of the GLoomis IMX Pro ShortSpey rods. You can read a review we did here about the 71111-4. One of our team members recently had the opportunity to demo the GLoomis IMX PRO 51111-4, and it did not disappoint.
Here is the Setup:
- Rod: GLoomis IMX PRO 51111-4
- Reel: Bauer RX 4 Microspey
- SA 30# Absolute Flat Mono Shooting Line
- Airflo Skagit Scout Head 390 Gr.
- A variety of tips
- The ONLY thing that we could come up with is the color.
- Cast is like a dream.
- The length is “ideal.”
- Handle has a nice feel to it.
We like this rod a lot. We opted for the 390 Gr. Skagit Scout head versus the 360 Gr., a popular pairing for this rod. This was a personal choice. The casts were smooth and buttery and wasn’t “snappy.” We tried both T-8 and T-11 tips in various lengths, and this rod casts all of them well and caught fish.
Overall, the GLoomis IMX PRO 51111-4 is a great rod to add to your rod lineup. If you’re in the market for a Trout Spey, you can’t go wrong with this rod.
Other Gear Reviews: