George Cook with some video commentary on fly fishing lakes.
The topic de jour is some techniques for dealing with a difficult backcast.
In this video, George talks about
- The fact that some of the best spots in lakes, like bays, can have very tough backcast conditions
- How basic rollcasting can work
- How a single hand Perry Poke can add distance to a roll cast
- How hauling on the forward stroke can add distance to a roll cast
- The fact that you can watch your backcast and guide it through the gaps behind you
- How to use the steeple cast
- The Rio Outbound line and how it can help add distance when backcast room is limited
NOTE: If you’re viewing this in a newsletter or a reader, click here to learn about limited backcast room on YouTube.