Yep, it’s that time of year! Get a jump on your holiday shopping with our handy list of gifts for the fly angler.
Holiday Gifts for Fly Anglers
- ECHO Gecko Kids’ Rod. You should buy a young relative their first fly rod!
- Abel Nippers. We still say these are a great gift, because everybody wants a pair but lots of people won’t buy them for themselves.
- Simms Wheatley Fly Box. Wheatley boxes are really cool, and everybody loves Simms. Who can’t use another nice fly box?
- Zeiss Lens Cloths. Super handy on the river or on the flats, and a great inexpensive stocking stuffer.
- Filson Leather and Steel Hip Flask. If the angler in your life might appreciate a good flask, he or she will really appreciate this one.
- Rainbow Trout Print by Ed Novinsky. It’s a beautiful print from a friend of ours, and it comes from our online store.
- Really Cool Bonefish T-Shirt by Ed Hepp. It’s an awesome design…and it comes from our online store!
- Simms Large Mouth Water Bottle. Hang it off a stocking. Keep them hydrated.
- Sage ONE Humidor. Very practical for a day on the water with cigars – and it features Konnetic Technology (not really).
- Fishpond Boxed Fishing Note Cards. Classy, and now they have no excuse not to send you a thank you note.
Joe Richter says
From the perspective of a knife afficionado, the Abel Nippers are exceptionally well made tools.
Review the following link and you will see they are made from the highest quality knife steel in the world. That steel blends the need to hold the finest edge and be the most chip resistant of any knife steel in the world including German and Japanese.
German knives are made of steel that is generally softer so it does not get as sharp or hold an edge as well as Japanese knife steel which is harder so it will tend to get very sharp but be prone to chipping.
Great info Joe – thanks!