Our first guests arrive at BC West on the Dean River this Saturday. Although we’re mostly looking for the Dean’s legendary Chinooks over the next couple of weeks, we still thought the start of our season would be a lovely time to pass on the 7 most popular steelhead fishing ‘tip posts’ on our blog.
Top 7 Steelhead Fishing Tip Posts
- Steelhead Rig Roundup. We tell you how 5 expert dudes rig themselves to chase steelhead.
- The Intruder. Cool, technical fly tying post from one of the creators of the revolution.
- Anchor Placement Video Tips. It’s got over 10,000 views on YouTube on it’s still going strong – Tom Larimer preaches Anchor Placement.
- 5 Favorite Flies for Dean Steelhead. When in doubt, bring these.
- Polyleaders – What They Are, Why We Like ‘Em. Charles St. Pierre tells us about a less-Skagity way to rig and fish.
- Steelhead in Low Water – 5 Tips. What to change when there’s less flow.
- Steelhead in High Water – 5 Tips. Really, these two happened to be #6 and #7!