Louis Cahill spent some time at Andros South last month shooting pictures of anglers having fun on the flats. He’s an actual professional photographer with 30 years under his belt, so we asked him for some advice on what kinds of photo gear he likes to use on the flats.
Here’s Louis, in video form!
If you’re viewing this in a newsletter or a reader, or if you’d like to see the video in HD, click here to view the video on YouTube.
Here’s the summary of the video.
- Louis shoots Nikon, but companies like Canon and Fuji make great gear too.
- He likes a fast multi-purpose zoom lens with a relatively tight range, like 24-70mm.
- Bring lots of memory cards and a spare battery.
- He carries a macro lens for detailed shots of fish.
- Fisheye lenses give a very wide field of view and make big fish look even bigger.
- For hero shots, use an external flash if possible, and set to 2 stops below ambient exposure. Bounce flash reflectors help a lot.