Yep, we’re on the New Years Resolution bandwagon. Here are 10 ways to be a better angler in 2010.
- I will not trout set on a bonefish.
- I will carry a hook file and use it religiously.
- I will get to know the locals.
- I will re-tie my leader after landing a big fish.
- I will fight fish quickly, handle them minimally and release them gently.
- I will not use too much top hand when spey casting.
- I will appreciate the beauty of the places where I’m fishing.
- I will thoroughly clean anything that went underwater when moving from one piece of water to the next – especially my boots, waders and boat.
- I will practice casting before my next big trip.
- I will support the organizations that protect the fisheries I love.
Oh, you’re doing these things already? Then what’s on your list? Leave us a comment and let us know! If you don’t see the comment form, click the title of this post above and the form will appear below.