Yep, we’re on the New Years Resolution bandwagon. Here are 10 ways to be a better angler in 2010.
- I will not trout set on a bonefish.
- I will carry a hook file and use it religiously.
- I will get to know the locals.
- I will re-tie my leader after landing a big fish.
- I will fight fish quickly, handle them minimally and release them gently.
- I will not use too much top hand when spey casting.
- I will appreciate the beauty of the places where I’m fishing.
- I will thoroughly clean anything that went underwater when moving from one piece of water to the next – especially my boots, waders and boat.
- I will practice casting before my next big trip.
- I will support the organizations that protect the fisheries I love.
Oh, you’re doing these things already? Then what’s on your list? Leave us a comment and let us know! If you don’t see the comment form, click the title of this post above and the form will appear below.
corbin fletcher says
Do not “trout set on a Bonefish”… some times easier said than done.
Happy New Year!
Bryan Whiting says
3 additional “fishing” related resolutions I have:
1- introduce a youngster to fly fishing
2- practice casting lefthanded so I am better in a driftboat
3- fish somewhere I have never fished before
mike mailey says
Guided clients willl not where bright clothing while stalking trout .
Learn and practice mending your flyline in mid air.