Mousing for trout is the ultimate in Alaska fly fishing
- Big Alaskan rainbows eat small mammals – and we imitate them using large floating mouse flies. Watching big trout race to a big meal on top is visual, exciting and addictive.
- Our rivers have moderate flows and lots of grass banks – perfect water for mousing.
- During our short summer these fish are aggressive, and their high protein diet makes them big!
Alaska West has earned its reputation as a premier Alaska fishing lodge
- Our legendary guide staff provides skills, customer service and catch rates that are second to none.
- Our location 5 miles from the mouth of the river gives ideal access to the best water.
- Our accommodations are comfortable but casual – exactly what you want on a fishing trip.
To learn more about our world-class program at Alaska West, including mousing at its finest, just fill out the form below and we’ll be right back in touch via email.