Yes, anglers can ask for gifts that aren’t $700 fly rods. Yes, people shopping for anglers can find gifts that aren’t $600 fly reels.
Here’s our Top 10 list of Fly Fishing Gifts Under $50.
- Bug Slinger Microfiber T-Shirt – $39.95. Great for the younger angler – a hip design in a lightweight long-sleeve T-shirt.
- Hustle and Fish DVD – $24.95. It’s a fishing movie that’s beautifully shot and produced, actually funny, and not self-righteous!
- Skagit Master DVD – $39.95. Skagit-style spey instruction from the guru himself, Ed Ward.
- Trout Bum, by John Gierach – $29.95. One of the classic books about trout fishing. Great commentary, insight and humor.
- James Prosek Trout Note Cards – $14.95. Now the angler you love has no excuse not to write you!
- Rainbow Trout Mug – $14.95. Everybody fishes for trout sometimes, right?
- Bug Slinger Stonefly Beanie – $24.95. A cool-looking hat and a great way for an angler to show their true colors all winter.
- Big Cliff Box – $19.95. You can’t have too many fly boxes. This one’s versatile and a great choice for dry-dropper fishing.
- Sage Humidor – $39.95. Not every angler smokes cigars, but those who do need this.
- Hardy Zane Ti Reel – $8,000. Whoops, sorry – guess we were off by a few decimal places on this one.