Ah yes, it’s that time of year. Spring is in the air. The birds are chirping, the snow is melting…and we’re getting lots of questions from eager anglers headed to BC West on the Dean this summer about what flies they should bring, how they should tie them, what hooks they should use, and more!
So – we thought we’d give you a little roundup of a bunch of great posts we’ve run about steelhead flies, rigging them, tying them and picking them for the Dean.
Special note to all you folks asking us about steelhead flies: we really love your questions – keep ’em coming! We had to grasp at straws for a witty intro today.
Dean Steelhead Fly Roundup
- Dean Steelhead Flies – 5 Favorites. The post that started it all.
- Fly Selection for Dean Steelhead. George Cook in video glory.
- Dry Flies on the Dean. The ultimate!
- The Intruder. Cool, detailed background from one of its fathers.
- Selecting Steelhead Flies. This time Tom Larimer talks to the camera!
- Rigging Stinger Hooks. Tom TV continues with a demo.
- Favorite Trailer Hook Poll. In which 17+ anglers weigh in.
- Classic Flies Work Too. Just a little reminder.
- Rigging Silvey’s Tandem Tube. Eric Neufeld shows a favorite.
- Is It The Fly? Beau Purvis writes a great guest post on how much it all matters.
- Larimer’s Reverse Marabou Tube. Tom returns to show us his solution to the bulk/profile conundrum.
- Advanced Tube Fly Rigging. Liner tubes, bullet weights, colored hooks and more.