We think the Dean River is a pretty darned cool place. Here’s why.
- The Takes. Crushing, searing, heart-stopping, drag-melting, 15-pound-Maxima-popping, uncontrollable, violent, I-can’t-believe-what-just-happened takes. The way Dean steelhead eat a fly is insane. This is the coolest thing about the Dean.
- The Scenery. It’s just one of the most beautiful places in the world. Tall peaks, glaciers, big trees, fjords, lush forest and sunny days are all standard fare here.
- The Runs. Big tailouts, bouldery glides, fast riffles, deep tanks, dropoffs into buckets, deep inside bends…if you appreciate quality water you’ll find a lot to love here.
- The Wildlife. Bears, eagles, deer, wolves, and birds of all sorts. It’s a pristine environment and the critters are living proof.
- The Vibe. Everyone on the Dean – anglers, guides, lodge employees, local residents, even the BC River Guardians – knows how lucky they are to be here, and that all adds up to a simply great vibe.