Can’t go fishing today? Might as well read about it!
Here are a few of our favorite online options for reading about fishing, in no particular order…
- Moldy Chum. Multiple daily updates, wide range of topics, some pretty good humor.
- The Trout Underground. Smart writing, tidbits on the industry, yes – focused on trout.
- This is Fly. Graphic, edgy, the first of the big magazine-format web sites.
- This is Fly Daily. The daily blog companion to This is Fly.
- Midcurrent. Online magazine loaded with content, including videos.
- Buster Wants to Fish. Northwest-oriented, written by intelligent guys who know how to have a good time, not appropriate for kids.
- Speypages. The definitive online resource for all topics related to spey fishing, with a very active forum.
- Catch Magazine. A new online magazine-format site focused on fly fishing photography.
- Washington Fly Fishing. Yes, we’re from Seattle, but the forum on this site is loaded with content and is the most active we’ve seen – over 290,000 posts.
Where else do you read about fishing online? Leave a comment and let us know.